incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Notes on branding
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 20:35:02 GMT
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Greg Chase <greg@gregchase.com> wrote:
>
>> The branding guidelines do not address feedback such as "logo in footer" or
>> "disclaimer is buried deep or below the fold".
>
> Incubation disclaimers are intended to be substantive.  They are not CYA legal
> boilerplate that can be are buried in fine print. The intent is to communicate
> (effectively!) to consumers that a project is incubating.

I haven't heard anyone suggesting "CYA" or "buried in fine print"?
Most sites put notices at the bottom of a page similar to how we put
our equally important copyright/trademark notices at the bottom of our
home page.  That, along with having the page saying "(Incubating)" all
over the place is surely enough of a notice... this "must be above the
fold" stuff is overreaching and encroaching on the PPMC.  They have
the disclaimer, let's not overcome our boredom by being helicopter
parents...

--tim