incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator Logo & Branding
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 02:32:11 GMT
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:06 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> As a follow up to the current discussions happening, I wanted to get
> opinions from the IPMC on whether or not the Incubator logo should be
> included in podling websites.

Here's how I would summarize the spirit of the policy:

1. It should be apparent to a typical consumer that a podling is "incubating".
2. It should be reasonably easy to figure out what "incubating" means.

It's my hope that any guidelines we adopt can uphold the spirit without
getting lost in overly specific details.

I do think that including that including the Incubator logo is helpful.
However, when the logo is buried at the bottom of a long page, it does not
contribute very much.

Marvin Humphrey