incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wu <mchl....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release: Apache Eagle 0.4.0-incubating
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 07:27:02 GMT
Hi IPMC,

Could you please give your judgement on this vote? Thanks a lot!

Currently, the vote has last for more than 72 hours, and seems that only Justin
Mclean replied it with "+1 (binding)". Considering the time range of this
vote includes a weekend, we'd like to lengthen 48 hours for People to vote
for it.

For I missed the original email from Justin, I paste the content found from
email archives, and answer the question from Justin.
=========== In Justin's email ===========

Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- artefact name contains incubating
- hashes and signature good
- DISCLAIMER exits
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- Most source file have apache headers
- No unexpected binaries in source release
- Can compile from source

Minor issue you (IMO) should fix in the next release:
- there a number of python script without Apache headers

Very minor things you may or may not want to fix in the next release:
- wrong copyright year (2015) in [1]
- year range may be wrong in LICENSE "Copyright (c) 2010-2016 Benjamin
Peterson”, looks
to be 2014 to me?
- how is this patch [2] licensed?

Thanks,
Justin

1. mkdocs.yml
2. eagle-external/eagle-ambari/lib/EAGLE/package/patches/add-eagle-quicklink.patch

=========== In Justin's email ===========

@Justin, mkdocs.yml will be removed in the next version, and we'll add
license to other files that are missing the header. Thank you for your
advice.

Michael