incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Fluo Parent POM 1-incubating (rc2)
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2016 02:51:43 GMT
Hi,

Looking a bit further the the Apache Fluo web site I see a couple of concerning things, but
presumably this is part of a ongoing effort and will be sorted out before graduation:
- It seems the main source of distribution is github [1][2] and Sonatype [2] not the Apache
mirrors.
- There are links to unapproved releases in these places [1][3][5][6]. This can be fixed by
making it clear that these are not Apache releases.
- There are several branding issues. For instance Fluo should be referred to as “Apache
Fluo”, please review the branding guidelines. [4] I can see it's done a couple of times
on the first page, but other pages like docs, downloads and release process page do not make
this entirely clear this is an Apache project.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://fluo.apache.org/download/
2. https://fluo.apache.org/release-process/