incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Notes on branding
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 16:42:26 GMT

On 2016-07-01 07:37 (-0700), Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> In particular, any feedback on our published policies/guidelines is very
> important.  As we scale, we need to ensure that most podlings can figure
> out the right thing to do from the docs, and not as much from direct
> pushes by our volunteer mentors and IPMC folks.

+1

As a mentor, I am trying very hard not to say to my podlings “you need to fix x, y and z”.
Because if I do, the inevitale response, five minutes later, is “Done.” We’re trying
to teach podlings to manage their own brand, which involves thinking.

The audit is useful (it keeps us mentors on our toes!) but a well-documented policy is more
important.

Julian