incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.1-RC4 as 0.8.1
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:23:13 GMT
Hi Justin
These were tagged as GPL

I'll determine their dependencies linkage - we have no references to com.sun.jersey within
our codebase but it looks to be dual licensed?
ThanksKam

    On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:28 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

 Hi,

> [Kam] This analyzes jars required to build the binary artifacts - so my assumption is
that it is not relevant to release just the source?

Apache project cannot have GPL dependancies [1][5][6] (there are however a few exceptions
for optional parts[2] and some build tools [3]). I’d first check to see if the software
is question is dual licensed. [4]

> Based on just releasing source there are no CCL related artifacts included in the .tgz.

Again see [1] and [6] for problematic licenses.

Thanks,
Justin

1.http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#prohibited
2. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional