incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kam Kasravi <kamkasr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.1-RC3
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 05:10:07 GMT
Thanks Ted, Justin. Your comments provide a reassuring backdrop to those of us in gearpump
which are new to the voting process.We've made the corrections as suggested and will get 0.8.1-RC4
out in a timely manner.
Kam

    On Monday, July 18, 2016 9:32 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

 Hi,

Thanks Ted for a friendly explanation of all that.

> Typically what happens in a smooth functioning project is that if somebody
> points out a heinous problem (forgot to include the source code in a source
> release, say), everybody (or nearly everybody) who previously voted +1 will
> immediately change their vote to -1 for the release.

Also sometimes you can convince someone to change their mind and turn a -1 into a +1 as well.

Thanks,
Justin