incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lack of karma to manage LDAP groups as a mentor impediment
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 17:14:24 GMT
And I’ll add to that, that while as member, IPMC member and PMC chair I probably have karma
for most things, I often hesitate to put up my hand and say “I’ll do that” because I
know there’s a chance that I’ll hit a permissions wall, and the 2 minute task becomes
something that is at the back of my mind for the rest of my work day. In short, confusing
permissions schemes slow things down.

Julian

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a little frustrated as this has just hit me across three different podlings in the
past two days. Because I'm not a PMC chair, I don't have the ability to actually modify LDAP
groups to grant the necessary karma to podling members to commit, access Jenkins, etc (e.g.
modify_appgroups.pl)

> I'm not sure where to start with making this better, but I'm happy to engage whoever
necessary to try to make sure that all mentors have the ability to help their podlings.