incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating RC3
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:46:07 GMT
HI,

> I would think this means that the taverna-execution-hadoop.jar file
> (which is distributed in Maven Central) must include the full notice
> "somewhere”,

Yes, it's normally it in a header of a file somewhere in a source release. That’s why it
best to put it somewhere and add a pointer to in the LICENSE file [1] so the binary convenience
release is covered as well.

> so I hope it's OK that it still remains in its META-INF/NOTICE [3]

No it should not be in NOTICE, agian also [1] i.e. "Under normal circumstances, there is no
need to modify NOTICE.”.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps