incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.10.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 02:13:22 GMT
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > We will update trunk to remove the specified files. Will we need to begin
> > voting again for another release candidate with these changes, or would
> it
> > suffice that the next release will have this fix?
>
> Depends on how other IPMC members vote, if you get 3 +1 votes and more
> +1’s than -1’s then it’s a release.

Agreed, my vote would be -1 on including binaries in the source release.

However, one thing to point out, we're not asking you to remove binaries
files from your source repository, just not include them in the source
release.  For any file you're excluding, you should explain how to create
it, e.g. the hadoop.dll is created by compiling hadoop or by downloading
their binary (and explain how to configure the build to point to those
binaries, if needed to compile/test)