incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Worked LICENSE and NOTICE example
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:24:09 GMT
This is a great tutorial, thanks, Justin! Also good video editing.

I wondered why you did not mention file headers further (beyond for
inspecting licenses), as that is part of ASF policy (while not a legal
requirement for using the Apache license)

The example is very simple, but actually there is no actual content
that would be (c) ASF :-) --  except the README file and index.html, I
think both (or at least index.html) should have ASF headers.

On 23 June 2016 at 01:16, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the last ApacheCon I was discussing with Marvin about some of the issues around assembling
license and notice files. One of the ideas we come up with was to have some worked examples.

> So here is a small example I put together of a fictional Apache project using Bootstrap.
Code is on github [1] and the checkins show each step needed to bring LICENSE and NOTICE into
complicance. I’ve also made a short (4 minutes) screen cast of the process here [2].

> Feedback, spelling errors, legal corrections/queries etc etc all welcome. Do people think
this is useful and would they like to see more examples?

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://github.com/justinmclean/ApacheWombat
> 2. https://vimeo.com/171210141