incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Volunteers for a Math IPMC?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 00:44:41 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:06 PM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com>
wrote:

> That's what I figured. We could just go straight to TLP I suppose, if you
> guys honestly don't think the Incubator would help. Is there any harm going
> through the incubator?

No harm at all. It will increase visibility to a particularly swath of
ASF-ians.

I don't want to reignite the "straight to TLP"
> debate.

Yeah.... debates not helpful in most cases.

> We honestly need some help/advice getting more folks involved. There have
> been a ton of contributions through the the years, but most have been of
> the "drive-by" variety. I believe it's a fairly popular library, even among
> some the other Commons components.

I have been just such a drive-by contributor. And I was glad that the folks
who maintained the product did so, although the reception I got the first
time I came to commons math turned me off of Apache in general for several
years.