incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN Change?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 22:58:48 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 8:13 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> > > On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 11:02 AM Marvin Humphrey <
> marvin@rectangular.com>

> and
> > whole

> > > :-(
> > >
> > > Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is it just a matter of deleting a
> > > directory tree?
> >
> > Yeah, it's just `svn rm FULL_URL`.  I took care of it.
> >
> > Please folks: always preview before you commit. With Subversion,
> > that's `svn diff`.
> >

> The way to revert without causing a huge update is to remove the target
> tree, and
> svn cp -r{rev-before-break} https://s.a.o/r/a/tlp/o/trunk
> https://s.a.o/r/a/tlp/o/trunk
> which basically backspaces between what was messed up to what should now be
> present, which is usually a minimal delta to most people's checkouts

Those instructions are completely wrong :-(

There were changes after the breakage, and the above would have reverted
those. No, the *correct* thing is a reverse merge of the offending change.
However, Marvin partially did that with an "rm" of one subtree, which would
make a reverse merge harder (not impossible tho). I followed up his change
with another, to completely remove all the offending new files.

Cheers,
-g