incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Request to review updated License (Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.3 (incubating))
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 22:58:00 GMT
Hi,

> I would like to get your feedback on updated LICENSE.txt for Ranger. https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

Has the full text of each license been placed somewhere? Most permissive license (e.g. MIT,
BSD) require you to do that, often the legal requirement is satisfied by the license being
in the header of the file, but this is not always the case. It’s ASF policy to add the text
to LICENSE (or better still a pointer to that LICENSE text). What you done with LICENSE seems
to sort of cover that but it’s a little odd, it may be missing the BSD text for instance.

Once you have a release candidate or similar ping me and I’ll review. It hard to check a
license without know exactly what is going to be in the release.

Justin