incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Worked LICENSE and NOTICE example
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:00:02 GMT
Hi,

> I wondered why you did not mention file headers further (beyond for
> inspecting licenses), as that is part of ASF policy (while not a legal
> requirement for using the Apache license)

Very good question, I was just focused on the license and notice and didn’t look at headers
and it may be that the “release” would not pass a vote.

> The example is very simple, but actually there is no actual content
> that would be (c) ASF :-) --  except the README file and index.html, I
> think both (or at least index.html) should have ASF headers.

The README doesn’t need one [1] (but it wouldn't hurt if it did), index.html (despite [2])
probably does.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions