incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: *.incubator.apache.org and lists.apache.org?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:17:16 GMT
Let's keep the two things separate: There's Pony Mail, and then there's
lists.apache.org which is a specific installation of it.

In the specific agreement we have about lists.apache.org, we wanted the
'.incubator' part of the mailing list IDs stripped, so we wouldn't have
to fix that every single time on graduation - it would just work when
projects became TLPs.

I realize this poses an issue with the subscribe button, but it's
something we (infra) are willing to live with for the time being, if it
means less overall work for an understaffed infra team.

We could, as I said on the JIRA ticket you raised, have
$podling.apache.org be a valid MX record from the beginning, but I'm
sure someone on this list will protest ;-)

So, in a way, we're caught between what's practical and what's proper.

With regards,
Daniel.