incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Beam, version 0.1.0-incubating
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:18:48 GMT
Hi Julian,

good point for the DISCLAIMER, I will do that.

For rat, rat is part of the release execution: the exclusion is for this
profile. I will add this as part of pluginManagement.

Regards
JB

On 06/13/2016 08:37 PM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> +1 (binding)
>
> Checked hashes, license, notice, disclaimer. Built on JDK 1.8, OS X.
>
> Nice work, and good luck.
>
> Remarks:
>
> 0. I noticed .github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md … nice!
>
> 1. The DISCLAIMER file is sufficient for the purposes of a source release. But for the
github audience, reaching https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam>,
there is no disclaimer. I think there should be a disclaimer on README.md, and at least the
first reference to beam should read “Apache Beam (incubating)”.

> 2. It’s customary (required?) for there to be a KEYS file in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/beam/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/beam/>. Maybe include it next release?
But I imported https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/blob/v0.1.0-incubating-RC3/KEYS <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/blob/v0.1.0-incubating-RC3/KEYS>
easily enough.

> 3. “mvn apache-rat:check” failed due to DEPENDENCIES and .github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md.
Please add headers or exclusions next time.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org