incubator-general mailing list archives

From Velmurugan Periasamy <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Worked LICENSE and NOTICE example
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:53:54 GMT
Justin - this is useful. Thank you.

One question - do the other licenses (MIT/BSD) have to be copied as separate files or listing
their content in LICENSE file is acceptable?

On Jun 22, 2016, at 8:16 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the last ApacheCon I was discussing with Marvin about some of the issues around assembling
license and notice files. One of the ideas we come up with was to have some worked examples.

> So here is a small example I put together of a fictional Apache project using Bootstrap.
Code is on github [1] and the checkins show each step needed to bring LICENSE and NOTICE into
complicance. I’ve also made a short (4 minutes) screen cast of the process here [2].

> Feedback, spelling errors, legal corrections/queries etc etc all welcome. Do people think
this is useful and would they like to see more examples?