incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Worked LICENSE and NOTICE example
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 06:49:20 GMT
Hi,

> Great idea, Justin!

Thanks! I’m considering making several examples, perhaps a few other people can help me
out?

> What about including an example in the NOTICE about the inclusion of a
> non-permissive 3rd party license (e.g., LGPL)?

You can’t have a dependancy (other than optional) on or include non permissive licenses
like LGPL. Even if it’s an optional dependancy nothing would go in NOTICE as it’s not
bundled.

I could make an example with Category B licenses (weak copy left) as I’ve not covered that
yet.

Thanks,
Justin