incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.25 (incubating)
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 23:56:36 GMT
Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:41:35 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> +1 binding
>
> I checked:
> - files name contain incubating
> - signatures and hashes correct
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - NOTICE and LICENSE ok, although NOTICE contains text that should
> be in LICENSE.

You mean the OpenOffice files that were produced in this project. Then
it sounds like as if we should have two different LICENSE-s, one for
the source release (as only that contains those file) and one for the
binary release (and embedded into the jar).

> It’s also not clear to me if the text in NOTICE is referring to
> Apache FreeMarker or some previous version of FreeMarker.

Thanks, fix committed for the next release.

> - all ASF licensed source file have Apache headers
> - no unexpected binary files
> - can compile from source
>
> May be a good idea to:
> - To sign the release wth an apache.org email address. This was
> mentioned last release I’m not sure that something signed by a
> freemail.hu address gives me any confidence.

Yes, this and the NOTICE thing was queued earlier but has missed this
release cycle... sorry for that.

> - Fix the copyright year in [1] (and at the same time replace the
> reference to http://freemarker.org/ with an Apache URL.)

Fix committed for the next release (it just doesn't print copyright
info and URL anymore... nobody calls that class anyway).

> Just out of interest why does the README start with this? i.e.
> direct the user to an non Apache URL for downloads/reporting bugs?
>
>  Apache FreeMarker 2.3.25-incubating
>  For the latest version or to report bugs visit:
>  http://freemarker.org/

It's because freemarker.org is kept as the canonical domain of the
project during incubation (but not after graduation). It was accepted
after some debate.

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. ./src/main/java/freemarker/core/CommandLine.java

Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany