incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Toree's One Release Constraint
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 16:42:06 GMT

On 5/20/16, 9:32 AM, "Edward Capriolo" <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes if you are using a feature specific to a specific product it is
>obvious
>even if you wrap cruft around it. however when I see something that uses
>"rabbit mq" i generally think to wrap an interface around it so I can
>replace with Apache Kafka :).I am wondering if the same be done here.

Interface abstraction might be a good engineering design decision, but it
won't affect the perceived LPGL dependency if a significant number of your
users must bring down an LPGL dependency in order to have a satisfactory
solution.  It isn't whether they "can" replace RabbitMQ with Apache Kafka,
it is whether they will.

-Alex