incubator-general mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <mkra...@mifos.org>
Subject Re: Number of projects in Incubation [was: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 0.9.0-incubating-rc1]
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 07:42:12 GMT
As a podling member, who's been observing here for a couple of months I
have a question here:

What are the principles the incubator uses to decide whether or not to
accept a podling?  I know there are a few questions that all podlings have
to answer when creating their proposal, but I haven't actually seen any
podlings rejected in the time I've been watching.  Is there a clear picture
of what kinds of projects Apache *doesn't* want to take on?

(As an aside, I read Justin's votes on other projects' releases to improve
my understanding of the general requirements for a release.  He's not just
voting on every release.  By explaining the principles he bases his vote on
every time, he's providing a blue print on how to judge a release for those
of us creating them.  Thank you Justin.)

Greets,
Myrle

*Myrle Krantz*
Solutions Architect