incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pony Mail
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 02:48:13 GMT
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
> On 05/20/2016 04:26 AM, John D. Ament wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> I'm a bit curious, what does the proposed plan to gain by going through
>> incubation, instead of becoming a TLP directly?
>>
>> Is it the community diversity aspects, to bring in non-infra team members
>> on to the code base?
>
> I would not feel comfortable bringing a project straight to TLP when a
> portion of the initial members of the community have had no experience
> whatsoever with the Apache Way before. What is listed is the bare bones
> group of people who have worked on Pony Mail in one way or the other (I
> should probably add Sam Ruby to that list), there are other peripheral
> people who are curious but also have no experience with Apache.

Too late, I've already added myself. :-)

I've already contributed to the code base, have another patch in the
queue, and plan to run this code myself on my own personal email
server.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I have no particular input on the choice of incubator vs direct
to TLP for this particular codebase.