incubator-general mailing list archives

From Velmurugan Periasamy <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.3 (incubating)
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 15:42:01 GMT
Thanks Justin. Pushed few changes addressing your suggestions. Could you please verify if the
current LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt are acceptable?

LICENSE.txt - https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
NOTICE.txt - https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/blob/master/NOTICE.txt

On May 17, 2016, at 12:50 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Just so that we get it right the next time, can you verify that the current
>> NOTICE is acceptable or does it require further changes?
>
> Doesn’t look correct to me as you are including items that should be in LICENSE not
NOTICE. In general permissive licensed items don’t need to be mentioned in NOTICE [1]

> Do any of the Apache licensed bundled items have a NOTICE file? If so then their required
notices are needed to be placed in your NOTICE [2]