incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with new ARIA TOSCA proposal
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 12:34:19 GMT
Hi folks,

I am an ASF member but I have not been involved with the incubator much.

The last few weeks I have been chatting with folks at Gigaspaces [1]. Some of you may know
them as the ones behind Cloudify [2] a cloud orchestration platform.

The folks at Gigaspaces are interested to donate the orchestration engine behind Cloudify
to ASF. With the motivation to open the governance of the core of Cloudify.

They have already started laying a foundation for an incubator project, putting most of the
software under a separate organization called ARIA [3] with software currently in gitHub [4].

I would like to introduce Arthur Berezin from Gigaspaces who is working on putting together
a proposal to the incubator. He got an account on the Wiki but no karma to add a page yet
it seems.

The proposal would need a champion, I don’t feel I have the experience with the incubator
to do this well, so while I will help, it would be great to get a Champion to help shepherd
this properly. Any takers ?

Cheers,

[1] http://www.gigaspaces.com
[2] http://getcloudify.org