incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Accept SensSoft into the Incubator
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 23:11:21 GMT
Here, here.

The team is well poised for Incubation and trying to grow hopefully
a larger community here at the ASF.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/

On 5/24/16, 12:19 PM, "Poore, Joshua C." <jpoore@draper.com> wrote:

>Hi Ted!
>
>DARPA XDATA is ending next March. We currently have support on another DARPA contract
that is good through next year, excluding potential options. We also have some commercial
contracts that will leverage these open source projects. Some of this funding can be used
for community support and open source product support, as well.

>SensSoft is also being backed heavily by Draper. Currently this means that our programs
offices are aggressively pursuing new contracts that leverage this project. We are also working
with internal leadership on internal research and development funding for SensSoft. This is
how we are working to make sure that SensSoft survives and thrives beyond the XDATA program
that spawned it.

>To summarize, Draper is a soft money operation (we’re a not-for-profit). However, we
are pushing hard to support the community around SensSoft wherever possible and are considering
options for how to fold in overhead earned on dollars brought in for SensSoft projects to
support the SensSoft community. Draper believes that inclusion into the Apache Foundation
will help increase our visibility, and help harden these projects in ways that will help generate
more revenue to continually support and build upon the project.

>Thanks,
>
>Josh
>

>Joshua C. Poore, Ph.D.
>Senior Member of the Technical Staff
>Draper
>555 Technology Square, Rm. 2242
>Cambridge, MA 02139-3563
>Phone: (617) 258-4023<tel:%28617%29%20258-4023>
>Cell: (617) 352-1700<tel:%28617%29%20258-4023>
>Email: jpoore@draper.com<mailto:jpoore@draper.com>
>Participate in Operation XDATA: http://xdataonline.com!

export-controlled information of Draper. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately destroy all
copies of this email.