incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CarbonData incubation proposal
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 05:55:27 GMT
Hi,

+1, I asked to the current contributors to review and check all code in
order to cleanup and identify "used/inspired/derived" code.

On the other hand, I also said to Liang that a SGA will be required.

I think we can start a vote and address the code cleanup in the mean time.

Regards
JB

On 05/24/2016 02:15 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> For the record, at the time that I reviewed the github repo, there was
> code that was not merely *inspired* by Mondrian code, but *derived*
> from Mondrian code. But that code has since been removed, so the issue
> is resolved. With the usual precautions of a BD scan on the incoming
> IP and ongoing diligence by the PPMC we'll be fine.
>
> Julian
>

> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I thought the concern had been addressed?
>>
>> For Julian concern about Mondrian, the code was inspired by Mondrian but do
>> not have direct derivatives of the code.
>> According to Jacky, the old code is no longer used.
>>
>> As for Julien concern about Parquet, the design seemed to be inspired by
>> Parquet and ORC.
>> And if needed, we could add reference to Parquet in the code documentation.
>> Since Parquet is ASF project, I believe we are in good shape in CarbonData
>> goes to ASF.
>>
>> If any other action item is needed please do suggest so we could make
>> correction as part of incubation process.
>>

>> - Henry
>>
>> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
>> wrote:

>>> the

>>> Given that this is a donation from a corporate entity a request for BD
>>> (or similar)
>>> scan results (if they are available) may help. That's how every
>>> corporate-sponsored
>>> donation (at least dozens I've been involved in) does risk mitigation
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Roman.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré