incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mynewt 0.9.0-incubating-rc1
Date Sat, 28 May 2016 00:32:30 GMT
Hi,

> I think you need to ping your mentors, and if they are not able, then I
> think you need to raise this as an issue with the Incubator PMC, either in
> separate thread or put it in the report for next month.

AFAIK it's not the responsibility of the mentors to vote, it's the responsibility of the IPMC.
Mentors should vote if they can, but there’s going to be times when they are busy and unable
to do so.

> I am not on the PMC, and can't help at this point.

Anyone can vote on a release you don’t have to be on the IPMC to do so. IPMC votes are the
only binding votes however. But voting on releases may be a way to join the IPMC if you are
not an ASF member.

Thanks,
Justin