incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Annotator
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 16:04:29 GMT
On Tue, 2016-05-31 at 13:46 +0000, Benjamin Young wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been working with the AnnotatorJS.org community to move our community to the ASF.
We have in the past been a BDFL-led group, but that has proved unsustainable and resulted
in many forks and lost opportunity.

I see there's a link to W3C annotations.  Is that the basis for it?
How far has that come since it was a textbook example of how not
to use RDF (e.g.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0232.html ).

I guess the real question is, is the system still based on
confusing URIs used as invariants in RDF with URLs you
dereference on the Web, as W3 annotea was?

--
Nick Kew