incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Editing ACEU16PodlingSharkTank
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 10:00:19 GMT
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> I would like to update:
> https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU16PodlingSharkTank
>
> However, the page looks "immutable".

I've temporarily changed the permissions on that one page, so anyone can
edit. We can leave it like that until the event, or until a spammer finds
it, whichever is first... (Normally these pages are fine for a few weeks
at least!)

Handy reminder for wiki admins - if it would help to have a page editable
by everyone for a week or two, you just need to pop something like this at
the top of the page:
#acl All:read,write
# Leave as writable by all for 2 weeks, then lock down

Then be sure to keep an eye on the page and fix up any issues. Only an
option for child pages though, must never be done for the main wiki index
page as that gets probed by spammers very often :/

Nick