incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Gossip incubator proposal
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:47:39 GMT

> On Apr 25, 2016, at 4:41 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I would recommend documenting whatever decisions you make and having
> them ratified by the Incubator PMC to make them acts of the ASF.
>
> The best might be to add a section to the podling proposal describing
> how the incoming code will be handled in terms of SGA (or not, and if
> not why) so that the podling creation vote includes accepting those
> decisions.
>
> -Bertrand

Thanks for the suggestion Bertrand. I added a statement to that effect in the proposal.

We contacted both original authors informing them of our intentions and inviting them to join
the project. We have since heard back from the original author, who responded positively and
has been added as an initial committer. We would like to have SGAs from both authors, but
given the second author hasn’t touched the code in 6 years, we’re not sure we’ll hear
from him.

Our intention is to proceed with the Incubator IP Clearance process regardless of whether
or not we hear back from the second author. Given that we now have the first, original author
on board, I feel we are in decent shape.

-Taylor