incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hendrik Dev <hendrikde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Johnzon from the Incubator
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 12:37:11 GMT
I agree with Justin, there is no real benefit (either for the podling
nor for apache/incubator) when Johnzon stays in the Incubator.

We have an active, friendly, diverse and responsive community, we had
regular releases, we promote Johnzon [1] and Jira tickets are
typically closed a few days after they we're reported.

I'd like to keep the vote open till 8th April to continue the
discussion and to reach consensus.
For me graduation under Geronimo makes no sense cause Geronimo is (at
the moment) a really inactive project.

Thanks
Hendrik

[1]
https://speakerdeck.com/salyh/johnzon-apaches-upcoming-json-library
held @ApacheCon Europe 2015
https://www.codecentric.de/2016/01/11/apache-roadshow-24755/ (germany only)
https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/tag/johnzon/

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> Of course Johnzon could be bigger.
> And as said before: there are 3 active committers (not 2!) and an active PMC.
>
> Plus there are at least 2 further people who contributed patches and are on our watch-list.
> I also believe that we are a really friendly community :)
>

> That said I have no problem with either graduating now nor with waiting for another tick
as I'm really confident that we will grow the community pretty soon. But we will NOT invite
people just for the sake of growing. They must earn their merit first!

> LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> On Tuesday, 5 April 2016, 8:43, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>>
>> I agree the project doesn’t have a large visible active community but I’m also
>> not sure what the point of having Johnzon staying in the incubator. They tick
>> along nicely, they certainly don’t need the incubator to check their releases
>> and they understand the Apache Way of doing things. What harm would be done if
>> they did graduate as a TLP vs keeping them in incubation?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Justin

Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22