incubator-general mailing list archives

From Frank McQuillan <fmcquil...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.9-rc1
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:22:50 GMT
Hi Justin,

The only new files are build related cmake or yaml files.   We
reviewed the policy
regarding files that do not require a license header from the apache
website (http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html).

"A file without any degree of creativity in either its literal elements or
its structure is not protected by copyright law; therefore, such a file
does not require a license header."

Since the files in question are simple lists, we placed them in the exclude
list.

Kindly let us know if this is reasonable.

Frank