incubator-general mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating.M2
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 21:30:05 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Justin!

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 7:14 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> +1 binding
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures correct
> - DISCLAIMER exits
> - source LICENSE has some minor issues (see below)
> - source NOICE is good
> - several JS files are missing Apache headers
> - no unexpected binary files in source release
> - can compile from source
>
> Source license minor issues:
> - MIT licensed [1], note that this file also contains MIT licensed MooTools framework

GEODE-1263

> - This file [3] is under MX4J license, I think this should be mentioned in LICENSE and
also NOTICE as it’s similar to Apache's 1.1 license.

GEODE-1264.  Looks like it got dropped in a merge conflict when the LICENSE was being reworked.

> - The Droid fonts [5] are Apache licensed, but it’s not obvious as they are binary
files, so may be good to mention that in LICENSE.

GEODE-1265

> For the binary as above and:
> - binary NOTICE some text can be removed (e.g. for the spring projects if you read what
you’ve included they tell what text should be included)
> - binary NOTICE no need to mention the name and copyright of the most of the bundled
Apache projects

GEODE-1276.  (I’m still uncertain if there is consensus regarding listing of bundled ASF
projects in the NOTICE)

> - didn’t check full contents but brief heck showed no issues.
>
> Other minor things:
> -  A number of ASF licensed files are copyright "Clearspring Technologies, Inc.” (for
example) [2] should they be copyright ASF?

The source for ./geode-core/src/main/java/com/gemstone/gemfire/internal/hll/* come from the
stream-lib project.  The source files state copyright Clearspring but their NOTICE says copyright
AddThis.

> - This file still has a Pivotal copyright and patent notice [4]

GEODE-1266

> - The year is incorrect in a number of NOTICE files having "Copyright (c) 2002-2015 Pivotal,
Inc.” or "Copyright (c) [2012-2014] Pivotal Software, Inc.”

These copyright dates come from the NOTICE in Spring libraries we bundle.