incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] releasing Apache Metron 0.1BETA-RC7
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 21:30:36 GMT
There are some tools that rely on specific formatting of vote subject lines, to cancel this
vote the subject should read:

[CANCELED] [VOTE] releasing Apache Metron 0.1BETA-RC7

-Taylor

> On Apr 5, 2016, at 5:23 PM, James Sirota <jsirota@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> THE VOTE IS CANCELLED
>

>> On 4/5/16, 2:21 PM, "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also replied on dev@metron. Let's cancel this vote sort it out there.
>>
>> -Taylor
>>
>>> On Apr 5, 2016, at 5:15 PM, James Sirota <jsirota@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So was the proper process to cancel the RC6 vote and point everyone to the RC7
vote?  As Casey mentioned, the only issue was that the Snort dependency changed and we had
to re-link.  Otherwise they are identical. We could have gone ahead and put up a vote for
RC6 on the general boards, but we decided to fix the issue instead because we didn’t
want the community to have a non-working release.

on the dev@ list,
run for 72 hours