incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-singa-incubating-0.3.0 (RC1)
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 01:30:35 GMT
Hi,

Sorry -1 (binding) as there’s a CC license source file in the release [1]. This is category
B [2] and generally can only be included in binary form. [3] The file also IMO incorrectly
has an apache header on it. Depending on other IPMC  opinions on this issue I’ll reconsider.

Are there any differing opinions? Obviously one option would be to ask the author to release
it under another license or rewrite the file in question. Would it be OK to pass release this
if a JIRA is raised and the issue fixed in a future release?

I checked:
- name contains incubating
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good. May be an issue with file CC licensed.
- All source files have headers (minor issue - see below)
- No binary files in the source release
- unable to compile on OS X, but I don’t think that’s a supported platform?

Some of the Apache headers contain "Copyright 2015 The Apache Software Foundation” this
is not required. [4]

Also:
> and the result is at:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/singa-dev/201604.mbox/%3CCAJz0iLt=ALvT012V5fgxiGX=5CxewPHAvv3dh5o27ydvBkSJ+g@mail.gmail.com%3E

This states 5 non binding votes, which of those votes are from PPMC members?

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./include/singa/utils/safe_queue.h
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-167