incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release of Metron_0.1BETA_rc7
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:56:02 GMT
I checked:

- DISCLAIMER exists
- NOTICE looks good
- LICENSE looks good (see notes below)
- signature is valid
- Apache license headers in source files (see notes below)

NOTES:

- In the LICENSE file, you don’t need to include the entire content of the Mozilla Public
License, the following text should suffice:

 This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
 License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
 file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/ <http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/>.

- Since the Elastic Search code is ASLv2 licensed, you don’t need to have that entry in
the LICENSE file
- “slapd.seed” does not have an Apache license header, but I’m not familiar with the
file format and don’t know if it supports comments.
- “.travis.yml” and the “.*” files under “metron-ui” are missing Apache license
headers
- COPYING under ./bro-plugin-kafka is just a copy of the Apache license and may not be necessary
- The source archive is named "apache-metron-0.1BETA-RC7-incubating.tar.gz” but expands
to "incubator-metron-Metron_0.1BETA_rc7” (not a big deal)
- The signing key should ideally be part of the Apache web of trust

I don’t think any of the above issues should block the release, and James has filed a JIRA
to address some of these issues in the next release.

+1 (binding)

-Taylor