incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE info for ALv2, not ASF
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 21:08:31 GMT

On 3/7/16, 12:26 PM, "Craig Russell" <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:

>As I understand it, LICENSE is for licenses. Period. If advertising is
>required, the NOTICE file is used.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  When I said "consider NOTICE" I
meant that any NOTICE for the non-ASF AL dependency may have content that
needs to into the NOTICE and not LICENSE.

>If there are third party works included in a distribution that use the
>same Apache 2.0 license as any Apache components, the license file
>already contains the appropriate license.

Agreed.  Sebb's recommendation, AIUI, was to simply mention in LICENSE
that there is a non-ASF AL bundle without copying the entire LICENSE.

-Alex