incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache Brooklyn - CLI
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 09:36:26 GMT
Justin,

On 29 February 2016 at 22:36, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> See http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/brooklyn-cli.html <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/brooklyn-cli.html>
> I notice the code contains MIT and BSD licensed code and crypto code. [1] Was this intended?

MIT/BSD: yes this is intended - they are embedded dependencies, in a
similar way that jquery might be embedded in a web app. (Bundling
dependencies like this, I'm told, is normal for Go 1.5 - Go 1.6 makes
it possible to link to dependencies without bundling and this is
something that the community would like to look into.)

It does appear that the LICENSE file is insufficient in this case so I
will push to get that fixed.

Crypto: the name of the folder is a red herring in this case - it is
SSH related and it contains terminal management code, but does not
actually contain any crypto code.

Thanks for your review.

Richard.