incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.24 (incubating)
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 00:48:41 GMT
On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No a big deal (as it passed), but only votes on the incubator list by the incubator PMC
are binding.

Hi Justin,

There's been a long tradition in the Incubator of "carrying over" IPMC
votes from the podling dev list. And let's consider why -- is there
really a benefit to having IPMC members cast votes twice, or a
drawback to having them not cast a vote which obviously has the same
value? Would we ever want to block a release that had 2 IPMC votes on
general@incubator and 1 cast only on the podling dev list?

I think it makes sense for the Release Manager list the IPMC votes
being carried over, because then it is more apparent when a release is
lacking IPMC votes.  However, that's just a recommendation -- even if
they don't do that, the IPMC votes can be counted.

Marvin Humphrey