incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.7.0 RC3
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 08:15:31 GMT
Hi,

> I haven't been following carefully, but isn't there a BSD header in these
> files?  If so, couldn't your LICENSE refer people to the headers in those
> files?

You can and it's nice and useful to do so but it not legally required. All BSD ask for is
a full text of the license and the header contains that.

That’s why I said I prefer the short form which usually includes the copyright holder name.
Means all he info is in one place which is nice.

Thanks,
Justin