incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Confusion over NOTICE vs LICENSE files
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 00:50:32 GMT
Hi,

> Speaking from the NiFi side I can assure you an enormous amount of
> time, energy, and communication go into LICENSE and NOTICE handling
> for this project.

Sorry if you thought my message applied otherwise, there’s certainly no harm intended.

I was just pointing out (with some examples) that a little confusion seems to occurs at TLP
as well.

It was just a casual glance at your NOTICE, certainly not a formal or thorough review, but
I would guess that these lines:

	This product includes the following work from the Apache Hadoop project:
	BoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java adapted to SoftLimitBoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java

Doesn’t need to be include in your NOTICE file as per [1]. It would be nice to mention this
somewhere but I’m guessing NOTICE isn’t the correct place?

Of course something as minor as this may not even matter as it imposes little on any down
stream projects.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product