incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] Re: License question
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 14:32:07 GMT
Hi Dor,

Here's the relevant part of section 4 of the ALv2.

You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may
provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use,
reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such
Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and
distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in
this License.

This explicitly allows you to make modifications to Apache licensed code
while applying your own license to those modifications.

An apache project probably should not encourage supported versions of the
apache project, so your tlp.apache.org / podling.i.a.o site shouldn't refer
to it.

This may be a better discussion for legal-discuss, but I think anyone on
there may be subscribed here to provide additional insight on this
discussion.

John