incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: License statement third party modified code
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 02:36:12 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Steve Varnau <steve.varnau@esgyn.com> wrote:

> I did not see any responses in the past week on the general list.  Is there
> another place I should ask this question?

This was a good list to ask on.  Since you've haven't received
answers, though, I'd ask on legal-discuss@apache next.

For what it's worth, I haven't answered in part because although I
have ideas about how these cases could be handled, I don't know if my
ideas align with the recommendations you'd hear from others. This
issue hasn't come up a lot since I got active in the Incubator around
2010 and the policy predates that.

Marvin Humphrey