incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MADlib v1.9alpha-rc1
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2016 21:45:43 GMT
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Good point, Roman -- I don't think there's one right answer there.
>> Copyright credits in open source works with lots of collaborators are
>> a can of worms.
> <snip>
>> Maybe add a short header to each file (vet wording with
>> legal-discuss), something to the effect of…
>
> Could the files in question be considered copyright MADLib project? (the pre/non Apache
one that is)

They could, but that would be us inventing things retrospectively
which, when it comes to legal matters, I'm terrified of.

I'll ask this question on legal-discuss to be sure. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Justin, your -1 is still very much justified (and appreciated!) given that
we  did, indeed, left one MPL source file (we got rid of other MPL source
files, but missed this one).