incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Confusion over NOTICE vs LICENSE files
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 02:26:09 GMT
On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that some of the confusion comes from what top level projects have done and
not keep up with policy?
> From a 5 minute search (and not to pick on / point out any particular project) here’s
some examples were
> I think improvement could be made to NOTICE files. [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
>
> Perhaps it's time to ask TLP to review their LICENCE / NOTICE to be a little more consistent
with current policy?
> Any suggestion on how we would go about this? Does the policy need to be made clearer
first?

FWIW I must echo Justin's sentiment: there's quite a few TLPs out
there that prove
to be far from ideal role models for the podlings. In fact, even in my
own case, I was
looking at a few examples that proved to be an unfortunate choice of
'prior art'.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Justin, I don't think we thank you enough for your diligence
around these areas. So. THANK YOU!!!!