incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-beta-incubating RC4
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 01:21:21 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I mean the BSD license makes you advertise the Copyright Notice and there's a better
>> chance of it going downstream via NOTICE.
>
> The source file will have the header which contains the copyright notice so it will still
be there, perhaps just not as obvious unless it listed in license.

Well, that's the problem -- the source doesn't have it. The only place it gets
reflected is in LICENSE and NOTICE (and again I totally see your point
of reducing that to just LICENSE -- but I thought both is a bit more
bullet-proof).

Thanks,
Roman.