incubator-general mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating (take 4)
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:13:13 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for this detailed testing and report.

Normally we should only have dual licensed GPL/CDDL unless I have missed something. We are
working on a plugin legal-maven-plugin that actually does recursively go down into embedded
JARs to make sure we collect everything but it’s a work in progress.

Honestly I would have never thought this process was so complex nor so long, and I truly wonder
how many projects at Apache actually go through all of this (my guess is not many apart from
yours of course :)).

That compilation issue is strange, I tested this many times locally so maybe something is
depending on the environment.

cheers,
  Serge…

> On 16 févr. 2016, at 07:54, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
>> thanks for this awesome review !
>
> No problem, binaries with than many jars are hard to get right. Hopefully none of the
jars with jars inside than have more jars inside them :-)

> I did’t take a huge amount of care so made of made a mistake or two - just trying to
find the obvious issues. I think some of the GPL stuff I pointed out may actually be GPL/CDDL
dual licensed (which is OK in a binary) but always good to double check.