incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Release dependant on LGPL
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 03:17:57 GMT
Hi,

Apache Mynewt [1] is moving towards making it’s first release.

We found that one of the libraries we depend on, viper which is MIT licensed [2], in turn
depends on a library that is LGPLv3 licensed (go-yaml) [3].

It is intended to replace the viper/yaml libraries with ones comparable with the Apache license
and/or enquire if we can obtain the yaml code under a different license. So this will be fixed
in a future incubating release.

Would it be acceptable to make an incubating release with this LGPL dependancy intact? No
LGPL code would be contained in the release.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://mynewt.incubator.apache.org
2. https://github.com/spf13/viper/blob/master/LICENSE