incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Confusion over NOTICE vs LICENSE files
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 03:43:56 GMT
Hi,

> We can let the Board know that poor TLP compliance with Apache licensing
> policy is complicating our work in the Incubator

+1 to that it makes reviewing releases a lot harder. Recently a few release candidates have
waited too long for a vote here and that may be a factor.

Some incubating projects understandably tend to look at what TLP have done and copy that rather
than find and wade through all of the policy documentation.

>  The last thing we need is conflict with the Board over ostensible IPMC overreach.

Certainly not.

>> Does the policy need to be made clearer first?
>
> Yes, I think that's important -- it will help us to persuade PMCs that our
> proposed changes are both correct and worthwhile.

OK lets work on that.

Thanks,
Justin